When children are using this blog it is advised that a parent / guardian would supervise pupils. It is advised to keep the computer or laptop in a family room while children are using the web.
The internet is an invaluable resource for your child's education but only when used appropriately.
Note: No child will ever be named alongside a photograph on this blog.
Remember a safe surfer is a happy surfer!
For more information check out...
Webwise 10 top tips for parents
- Discover the internet together.
- Agree with your child rules for internet use.
- Encourage your child to be careful when disclosing personal information.
- Talk about the risks associated with meeting online friends.
- Teach your child that not all information on the internet is correct.
- Remember that it is not always their fault if they come across inappropriate content on the web.
- Report online material that you think may be illegal to appropriate authorities (e.g www.hotline.ie)
- Encourage respect for others (e.g posting comments on Bebo etc)
- Know your child's internet use.
- Remember that the positives outweigh the negative aspects of the internet.
In this blog you will find links to external websites. Although I do make every effort to ensure these links are accurate, up to date and relevant, our school cannot take responsibility for pages maintained by external providers.
Ms. Joanne Gilmartin